About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian Mom answering the call to educate our children at home. You can also follow me at www.facebook.com/littleschoolofthewest and on Twitter @schoolofthewest

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Role as Nurse

While pregnant with this precious bundle I prayed that he wouldn't have to live with the same issues that his older brother deals with a couple times a year.  Unfortunately, he is now battling pneumonia for the second time in his short 5 month life.  This translates into breathing treatments around the clock for at least a week from the first sign of a croupy cough until the cough and/or bronchitis or pneumonia is resolved.

In other words, my husband and I have not been able to get a full night of sleep in over a week now and we are not out of the woods yet.  The virus began with Josh, regular treatments from the start for him helped prevent another battle of pneumonia for now but unfortunately David started coughing a few days later and even though we started up his nebulizer soon after, he was running 102 and had crackling sounds in his lungs once again after only two days.

During the last breathing treatment (receiving the scowl above) I was pondering all of the hats that mother's wear.  My role right now also includes nurse.  Since I became a mother and have dealt with these issues I have realized a new respect for nurses, especially those that are mothers themselves and not only have their children to care for but also their patients.

Through these encounters with bronchitis and pneumonia I pray daily that these issues my boys face will get better as they grow.  The Lord has great plans for them, so for now I will care for them to the best of my ability and someday (Lord willing) watch them walk the path that HE has set for their lives.




No comments:

Post a Comment