About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian Mom answering the call to educate our children at home. You can also follow me at www.facebook.com/littleschoolofthewest and on Twitter @schoolofthewest

Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Internet: A Blessing

I have always enjoyed social media and the plethora of ideas shared on the internet (now more than ever since we started homeschooling) but I have never implemented these ideas into our every day life as much as I have these past two weeks!!  

Thankful only begins to describe how I feel about the opportunity to 1) ask for prayer requests for my boys' health from friends and family members on Facebook and 2) use so many different ideas/ worksheets/ games/ crafts from the amazing, talented, and creative women I have found via the internet.

Not only do these women whole heartedly share their talents but they encourage and lift up newbies like myself every day by posting about their experiences.  I can relate to so many of them on several different levels and I LOVE reading their stories.  (In fact, that's what I do during breathing treatments late at night or early in the morning on Facebook and Twitter :)

One such inspiration's name is Jolanthe at Homeschool Creations who made these awesome (and I use the expression "awesome" because that's exactly what my boys said when they saw them) Angry Birds Printables.  When she posted about them on Facebook and Twitter I knew the boys would love them, and what better way to switch things up a bit than with worksheets featuring some of their favorite characters?! 

So, Thursday I printed them all out (both the Preschool and Kindergarten sets) and I went to work cutting and laminating everything.  (I knew they would be a hit and I wanted them to be able to use them over and over again.)  I put them out on their desk Friday morning and they had a BLAST!  Nathan even begged me to pull them out again today :)

Here are a few pictures I took while they were hard at work Friday:


 
It is because of women like Jolanthe that I started blogging about our experiences.  I hope to some day encourage anyone who is or might be considering this incredible journey called homeschooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment