About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian Mom answering the call to educate our children at home. You can also follow me at www.facebook.com/littleschoolofthewest and on Twitter @schoolofthewest

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

About Me

Since I have decided to completely redo my blog I thought I'd give a little background information on myself and my family.

My husband and I have been together for fourteen years.  We met at a youth group kick off the summer before my freshman year of high school and quickly hit it off.  We dated all through high school and college, deciding soon after high school that we wanted to get married but felt that waiting until after college was the best option so we could be financially stable.

We dated for nearly eight years before we were married and that has been over six years ago now.  I am more in love with this man today than I was the day I married him.  He is the kindest, most generous person I have ever known.

I've known since I was in elementary school myself that I wanted to be a teacher so I entered college with a distinct goal in mind and graduated with a BA in Liberal Studies and a Multiple Subject Teaching Credential in 2007 (completing my year of student teaching the first year of our marriage... while pregnant with our first son).

For the next three years I was a substitute teacher part-time, spending as much time as I could at home with our growing family.  We then ran into some financial insecurity when my husband was being laid off because of budget cuts.  It was then that my title became day-care provider.

The Lord blessed Craig with a wonderful job soon after he completed his last day at his previous job but I continued doing day-care full time for the next two years.  I decided not to go right back to substitute teaching because 1) watching my nephews was a stable job which created a more consistent environment for the boys and myself and 2) the cousins had a great time together.

Back to my family....

Josh joined us six short weeks after I graduated from college.

The Lord blessed us with Nathan two and a half years later and just five months ago David joined us and made us a family of five.  I knew deep down that Craig was going to be an amazing father but it is such a blessing to watch him with our children each day, teaching them to become independent boys who will, Lord willing, grow to become Godly men.

Yes, that's right, three boys.  I grew up in a household of girls and my husband a household of boys.  We always said it would be funny if we ended up with 3 girls or 3 boys to match one set of our parents but I never thought I would be the mother of three boys... but then again there are a lot of things I never thought I'd do as a parent (but that's another post for another day!)


No comments:

Post a Comment