About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian Mom answering the call to educate our children at home. You can also follow me at www.facebook.com/littleschoolofthewest and on Twitter @schoolofthewest

Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Mother's Precious Moments

I'm not talking about those precious moments when all of the time and effort you put into your children and their character start to pay off; like when they actually do what you ask them to do after the first time you ask, or when they're so sweet to their sibling and your heart melts, not to mention all of the "firsts".

Nope, although those moments are absolutely precious, today I'm talking about those few precious moments us Moms get to ourselves.

Oh yes, those times when we actually get to take a shower without being interrupted.

Or use the restroom alone.

Those times are PRECIOUS!

We don't ask for much but that little bit of time makes a BIG difference in our day!

Husbands (unless they are stay-at-home Dads) do not understand this need.  My husband has gotten a dose of my reality a few times over the years but he simply cannot relate.

Most of the time, even if they are still sound asleep in the early morning hours or in the afternoon taking a nap, I'll think I hear little footsteps or hear the baby cry while I'm in the shower.

But TODAY... Oh today I got to take a wonderfully relaxing shower while ALL THREE boys took a good long nap :) :) :)

As I was taking that shower I began to think about how precious my alone time has become.

When I taught I knew that bathroom breaks were few and far between and they were something I did not take for granted.  I was, however, able to have a few moments to myself while someone else watched the children during recess.

This is no longer the case...

My life as a mother is ever changing.  I have experienced many "seasons" and look forward to the coming years.  At this point in time the season I am in is a very busy one and although I wouldn't want to change anything about it, I welcome these precious moments!




No comments:

Post a Comment