About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian Mom answering the call to educate our children at home. You can also follow me at www.facebook.com/littleschoolofthewest and on Twitter @schoolofthewest

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

One Word

Trust

There it is, the word I'm going to apply to my life in the coming year.  I've seen and heard a lot of people talking about doing this and I thought it would be good for me to write this down because it's something I've struggled with recently.  Even though God has always provided for me and my family, I have had some anxiety lately over what ifs.  So many things have gone through my mind including economic failures and natural disasters.  

The weekly Bible study that the boys and I attend has been wonderful since we've been studying the book of Isaiah.  Even though we may face struggles in this life we have evidence that God is faithful and has always fulfilled his promises.  He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  

Every time I start to get a nervous about something that might happen I try to remember this verse: 

Philippians 4:6

New International Version (NIV)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

My New Years resolution also includes being more of a yes Mom for the boys.  I'm going to try to stop saying, "maybe later" all the time.  Because, let's face it, unless we do it when they ask we all forget and it never gets done.  The laundry and dirty dishes will be there when I get to them.

I also need to start dating my husband again.  This might sound strange but I really do need to make more of an attempt to spend more quality time with my husband, including intentionally getting a baby sitter and going out once in awhile.

Finally, I'm going to carve out time in my day to read.  I LOVE reading and was able to do a lot of it over this Christmas break.  It's something that I can never seem to find the time to do now except when I lie in bed at night, but when I do that I don't get very far before falling asleep.  So, I have added D.E.A.R. (Drop Everything And Read) time to our schedule.  It will most likely be while David is napping and it might not be for very long but the boys and I are going to have a bit of our own quiet time in the afternoon with our books.

So there you have it.  My New Years resolutions.  What are some of yours?  

No comments:

Post a Comment