About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian Mom answering the call to educate our children at home. You can also follow me at www.facebook.com/littleschoolofthewest and on Twitter @schoolofthewest

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Our "School" Room

I can't believe it, it's already been a year since we made the decision to homeschool our boys!

What a crazy, fun, busy year it's been.

When I think back on how we came to this decision I'm still blown away at how God led us here and I'm overwhelmed with gratitude.

I have been planning on blogging about how I set up a "classroom" for the boys for... a long time now but kept putting it off (and, side note, neither one of the older two boys nap in the afternoons anymore and since David is into EVERYTHING we get a lot done during his nap... so I don't really have a down time until they're all in bed for the night now).

So here it is, how I created a "school" space for us.

While doing my hours and hours of research online after we made our decision I found that many families had a space or separate room for their school work and I was anxious to figure out how we could do something similar in our house so we wouldn't have to use our kitchen table for everything.

With a tape measure and the Ikea website I made it work (with a lot of help from my VERY supportive, amazing husband! :)


As you can see, this corner of the room is their bedroom.  (They were elated when they heard they were going to have bunk beds!!!)

 I loved the idea from pinterest to use an oil drip pan as a magnetic board for our letters and numbers :)





 Haha, as I said, I took these pictures awhile ago :)  In fact, those alphabet cards below the calendar are no longer there, David quickly discovered that he enjoyed ripping those off the wall!  (I knew it would happen eventually but it was nice for a time.)

As you can see, the teacher in me really came out once we made this decision and I couldn't be happier with our work space!

No comments:

Post a Comment