About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian Mom answering the call to educate our children at home. You can also follow me at www.facebook.com/littleschoolofthewest and on Twitter @schoolofthewest

Thursday, September 12, 2013

2013-2014 School Year

We started our current school year about 3 weeks ago already and the boys have been doing great.  Over the summer Nathan has matured a little and is now able to sit for longer periods and LOVES doing his worksheets!  (I often have to get out another one for him while I finish working with Josh since he goes through them so quickly.)  Josh picked right up where he left off with reading and Math and still finds our read-aloud times to be his favorite times of the day.

To kick off each new year our co-op has a back to school beach day and we had a really good time!



A really cute idea I've seen on several blogs is back to school interview questions that the kids answer at the beginning of each school year so I thought we'd start that tradition this year and these were the boy's answers:




Back to Homeschool Interview:

My name is: Nathan

I am __3___ years old.

My favorite food is: mac and cheese

I really, really do not like to eat: broccoli

My favorite show to watch is: Curious George

My favorite movie is: Despicable Me

My favorite books are: "How do Dinosaurs say Goodnight"

The best thing about school is: Math

The worst thing about school is: I like all my school stuff

The coolest person on Earth is: God

I am really good at: puzzles

My favorite color is: orange and red

The best place in the world to be is: Sea World

When I grow up I want to: work with Daddy at his company

If I could do one thing all day long it would be: play games

My best friend is: Noah

Jesus is: God

When I was little I used to: crawl

3 words that describe me: (with a little help from Mommy) sweet, energetic, pest :)

This year I hope to learn: my letters




Back to Homeschool Interview:

My name is: Josh

I am __6___ years old.

My favorite food is: chocolate sprinkle sandwich

I really, really do not like to eat: healthy foods

My favorite show to watch is: Phineas and Ferb

My favorite movie is: Toy Story 3

My favorite books are: Dr. Seuss

The best thing about school is: crafts

The worst thing about school is: worksheets

The coolest person on Earth is: Mom and Dad

I am really good at: baseball

My favorite color is: Green

The best place in the world to be is: Disneyland 

When I grow up I want to: be a scientist 

If I could do one thing all day long it would be: play outside

My best friend is: James

Jesus is: God

When I was little I used to: crawl

3 words that describe me: talkative, kind, energetic

This year I hope to learn: to read better

Looking forward to a good year!


No comments:

Post a Comment