About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian Mom answering the call to educate our children at home. You can also follow me at www.facebook.com/littleschoolofthewest and on Twitter @schoolofthewest

Saturday, April 13, 2013

On My Heart

They had been dating for awhile.

She suddenly found herself hungry and tired all the time.

16 and in high school she knew in her heart what it all meant, she was pregnant.

Knowing that she needed to take care of herself and her unborn baby she went to see a doctor.  The doctor examined her and told her that she was, indeed, pregnant.

Then he said, "You know, you have options."

She looked at him in disbelief, "No doctor" she said, "That isn't an option for me."

4 short months later, and only 21 days after her 17th birthday, she noticed she was starting to show as she slipped on her wedding dress.

That was 30 years ago this month.

That woman was my mother and that baby was me.

As I sit here and read articles about abortionists who murder innocent babies every day, my heart throbs.  Innocent lives are being taken every day all in the name of "a woman's choice".

As I read through this recent trial against Kermit Gosnell my head spins.  How can this be possible?!  I cry every time I think about those poor innocent babies being ripped from their safe haven and brutally murdered.  

How can so many people believe that these precious babies aren't actual human beings forming in their safe, warm womb?  The mere idea boggles my mind!

I am passionate about this topic because, if my mom had decided she wanted to wait a few more years to have children and decided to abort me so she could finish high school and go to college, I wouldn't be here today.

I would be passionate about this subject even if my mom had been in her twenties and married when she became pregnant and gave birth to me.  Abortion is murder, period.

How can anyone not be outraged by this scenario?!  Why isn't this story all over the news and on the front page of newspapers?!

Is this any better than the millions of people murdered during the Holocaust?  I don't think so!  These precious children can't even try to defend themselves.

I am so outraged and hot headed about this topic that I, a white Christian girl who attended a private Christian school all the way through high school, chose this as my topic to debate in my speech class my freshman year at a very liberal city college.  Oh yes, nerve wracking to say the least but I did my research so well that I debated the issue with my opponent until he was out of answers.

I can still remember doing the research for that debate.  I found images and videos that I still can't get out of my mind.  Why aren't more people being shown these same images?

Images of an unborn baby's heart beating only a few weeks after conception.

Video of a baby of only 12 weeks gestation trying to swim away from the murder weapons that "doctors" use to complete this "procedure".

Along with this disturbing report I also read a story about a woman who used to work for Planned Parenthood.  One who saw these images first hand and is now Pro-Life.

If more people were required to see an ultrasound of their unborn child before they made this decision we would have less abortions.  Most women make an appointment to have this procedure done without even considering the other options they have open to them, such as adoption.

Please join me in prayer as the court comes to a decision on the fate of this abortionist.  

No comments:

Post a Comment